Monday, November 14, 2016

Homework 11: Game Design

Two great games I have played

1.     The Legend of Sword and Fairy

This game is also called Chinese Paladin, which was developed by a Taiwan company called Softstar. I love this game not only because this is the first RPG game I have ever played, but also I am still touched by the impressive story illustrated in the game. This game has a very memorable tragic ending, which has moved many players to tears.

2.     Grand Theft Auto V
The Grand Theft Auto V, aka GTA five, is also one of my favorite games. It is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North. One important reason I am into this game is the flexibility. “Impossible is nothing” fits this game perfectly. Players can do everything they want including driving an aircraft, committing serious crimes, business activities, etc. This game also talks about society values and ethical issues of criminals.

Two bad games I have played

1.     The binding of Isaac rebirth
I only played this game for 10 minutes or even less. The whole graphic design makes me feel uncomfortable. Players can see poops everywhere. The maps are called mom’s womb, guts, etc., and the bosses are also very gross like a drooling bug, or poops.

2.     Don’t Starve

Every time I play this game, I am extremely frustrated. I do not see any fun facts in this game. The goal of this game is very easy. All a player need to do is just to keep Wilson alive. But this is also very hard, because there are too many things to do and consider. I feel terrible and overwhelmed if I do not find enough wood in the day time, or the weather is terrible, because when the darkness come, all I can do is nothing but watching the torch goes weaker and weaker until died, and hearing the beasts howling around Wilson. Sometimes I even feel that I am Wilson, who is sitting in the darkness and praying. To me, this is a very depressive game.

No comments:

Post a Comment